Top Social

Christmas in July Blog Hop

|
Hard to wrap my head around anything Christmas right now, but its really never to soon to start preparing. My goal in life is to have everything ready before December starts, including our Christmas cards. HAHA Yeah...Right...  


Either way, I'm so excited to be joining another blog hop hosted by Scrap N' Stamp. They are giving away these awesome stocking dies as a gift with every $50 purchase! To find the link to  your next stop keep reading until the end.


My first priority was using this gorgeous stocking die. I immediately knew it needed to be inlayed with glitter paper, which also allowed me to make three at the same time. Win Win. The process is simple but slightly time consuming. Cut it the three times from different paper, then start piecing them together. 


I really wanted the stocking to stay the focal point, so a simple design with lots of white space worked. Some old patterned Christmas paper down the side gave it a tad more interest. 


For my sentiments, I heat embossed white onto black cardstock and did some fussy cutting. They went onto a basic tag die. I made some simple bow embellishments using coordinating twine and strategically glued it down. A small banner at the bottom completed the sentiments but also help to fill the void space. For that I just raided my Christmas sets to find some basic sayings. (These happen to be from some old Lawn Fawn sets.)


I loved this sparkle paper, it was thin and didn't leave a glitter mess behind. In fact the paper is quite smooth, a unique characteristic. They even sell in in an assortment of colours and even a variety pack. Plus the sparkle of these cards is out of this world but of course impossible to capture in a photo.


Thanks for joining us,
 you can find your next stop with Julia at

http://paradiselostyyc.blogspot.com/

and make sure to visit Scrap N' Stamp for the complete list of amazing designers participating in today blog hop here http://www.scrapnstamp.ca/blog/

Merry Christmas in July!

Here are the links to the awesome supplies used for today's projects (I am an affiliate to SNS and may recieve a small commission, which in no way effects the price you pay but it allows me to work from home with my children. I only recommend products I believe in.Thank you for your support!!):
Sparkle paper -





5 comments on "Christmas in July Blog Hop"
  1. These are fabulous cards, Niki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Niki, your cards are totally fabulous and that stocking die is amazing. A very versatile die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these! The inlaid design and clean looks is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature