Top Social

DIY Marker Storage

|

Aren't these awesome!? These was a great DIY that only cost $1.50 and about 30 minutes of my time. 

I had been looking online at pre-made shelves (exactly like this one) and they were upwards of $50.00 US, plus shipping, plus the Canadian exchange rate (which is out of control by the way). This was never going to happen for me. So I took to Pinterest in search of a DIY version. 


I found this one here  from a lady named Karen Church. She has prepared the dimensions and instructions on her blog. I'll admit they weren't in an ideal format but after reading it a few times I figured everything out easily enough. 

Her design is quite smart, with the front and back of the shelves off-set by 1/2 inch, keeping them from falling out. The markers are easy to grab because the shelves sit back 1/2 inch as well. I love that is has clean lines and is white. My Dollarama had black and bright coloured foam board,  so you could customize it however you like.


I'm so excited about it, I think I will follow her instructions for the Ink Pad Shelf as well. I know it is not perfect and may not last forever, but it will do for my needs. (And if I need to make it again, it was only $1.50)  but you would be surprised at how sturdy it actually is. 

I previously stored my Alcohol markers in some buckets on a cart, which was fine, but too in-efficient for me. I love having them organized and right at my finger-tips now. 

Is this something you would try out? 
I'm happy to answer any questions in the comments as well!
Have an awesome day!
3 comments on "DIY Marker Storage"
  1. That's fabulous ! How great that you have your pens so close to hand now. Makes you feel great when you create a bargain !
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jo, it doesn't get better than this! :f

      Delete

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature