Top Social

Phone Station Organization!

|
I did this a while back, but thought it was worth sharing with ya'll. I went through a period, probably like most people, where our kitchen counter was a disaster. A dumping ground for everything! I solved the problem like this:

1. The first issue was having no place for pocket change and other random paraphenalia one manages to collect during the day. I addressed this issue with these fabulous vintage tart tins I found at my favorite shop in Calgary, Cozy Cottage Interiors. At $3 a pop I had a really hard time buying them, but alas I couldn't leave the store without them. Plus they are adorable and very practical. One is for change, one for all D's metal bits and pieces, the last one I use for elastics and bobbypins. I always find at the end of the day when I'm cooking dinner that I want to put my hair up, so it is quite convenient for me.

2. We had to have a place for mail. This white wooden tray from Homesense at $6 was perfect. It easily fits envelopes, dvd rentals AND my lovely mug that holds pens and pencils.
3. Last but not least I needed something to corral it all AND to make it beautiful of course. The large tray I found at Homesense and fell in love with. It is what inspired me to do this, its large size and vintage look were perfect. I added a few other little touches like a cute white egg cup with some white roses and a small yellow pottery dish for our keys. There is still room to spare for cell phones, my camera, and D's wallet.

Large tray $12
small tray $6
tart tins $9
egg cup $2
cup and dish $2
GRAND TOTAL = $31 + A whole lot of sanity!

Let me know what works for you?!


Be First to Post Comment !
Post a Comment

EMOTICON
Klik the button below to show emoticons and the its code
Hide Emoticon
Show Emoticon
:D
 
:)
 
:h
 
:a
 
:e
 
:f
 
:p
 
:v
 
:i
 
:j
 
:k
 
:(
 
:c
 
:n
 
:z
 
:g
 
:q
 
:r
 
:s
:t
 
:o
 
:x
 
:w
 
:m
 
:y
 
:b
 
:1
 
:2
 
:3
 
:4
 
:5
:6
 
:7
 
:8
 
:9

Custom Post Signature

Custom Post  Signature